Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I'VE GOT SOMETHING TO HOWL ABOUT


I’ve been saving up all the good news.  Why, you ask?  I don’t know.  I just have.  Keep reading because I’m having a contest for a $10.00 egift card to Barnes and Noble to celebrate.

Caskets and Corruption came out last month through Secret Cravings Publishing and is doing fantastic.  SCP is awesome and has been growing like crazy!  You should check them out at:  www.secretcravingspublishing.com
For writers, take a look at their special submission guidelines at the bottom of the page for interesting stories they’re requesting.  I wish I could pound out more books.
I’ve also signed two more contracts with them for Love on Laird Avenue, out in October, and Braving the Blaze, out in December.

Next, I’ve made some wonderful changes to my own website, including a “Pay It Forward” section for aspiring writers.  Here’s the link: http://www.dragonflyromance.com/pay-it-forward-help
I’ve also brought the site up-to-date with buy buttons and share buttons.  Pretty cool.

The best news is, I’ve received the most wonderful reader review!  Here are the highlights:

Caskets and Corruption: This is a fun, exciting, suspenseful story that starts out and just keeps gaining momentum as you go.  I enjoyed reading this interesting story and recommend it to any reader as one that could provide a tear or two, some smiles and laughs, as well as some cause for thoughtful pondering.
   ~Gary F.

But, check out the whole review at: http://www.dragonflyromance.com/books/reader-reviews

I’ve also found a wonderful group called, The Sweetest Romance Authors.  They have a yahoo group, are established on GoodReads, and are also on Twitter: @AuthorsofSweetR
And they have a page at Coffee Time Romance: http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=1096
Anyone who writes or reads sweet clean romance is welcome to join. I'm very excited to join them!

I’ve also just finished my sixth book—Not Quite Zen!  I told you I was on a roll.
Here’s the blurb:
Therapy dog trainer and hospice aide Harmony Hastings takes a much needed Zen vacation only to return to sheer chaos at the Silver Sunset Senior Community.  Who is the new young, heart throb doctor and why has old Doc Barlow disappeared?  Why are residents being poisoned, falling or getting strangled? Can Harmony keep her chakras in balance long enough to discover the mystery before one of the baby boomers ends up dead?


Doesn't it sound like a fun read?

To celebrate, I’m giving away a $10.00 egift card to Barnes and Noble for the first person who contacts me through my website with the answer to the following question:

What science fiction movie had computers so controlling everyone’s life that a man couldn’t order a pizza because his medical records showed that his cholesterol was too high?  Please name the movie and the leading actor.

Here’s my contact page:  http://www.dragonflyromance.com/contact-cindy   

As always, thanks for your support.


Cindy A. Christiansen
Sweet Romance, Comedy, Suspense…and Dogs!
Fly into a good book at: www.dragonflyromance.com

(Photo courtesy of: www.123rf.com)





  

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! It's awesome to hear from fans:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy!

    I'm one of the Sweetest Romance Authors. Glad you joined us. We are a close-knit group, supportive.

    I write inspirational romance, but I love to read suspense, too. Congratulations on speed writing. LOL. If you are like me you have so many story ideas inside your head it's about to explode.

    My biggest problem is finding (uninterrupted) time to actually write

    Your blog is so cute and unique. I hope to hear a lot from you.

    I wish I knew the answer to your question, but don't think I saw that movie.

    Keep spinning those stories straight off the press. And keep us posted about great publishers.

    God bless you and your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new book sounds great -- but them I love all your stories. You're awesome. Wish I knew the answer to your contest but I guess I don't know that movie -- I'll be interested in what it is.

    Best of luck to you -- you definitely deserve it.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting.