Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I'VE GOT A BONE TO PICK. JOIN ME...


Well, we all have opinions, and I want to hear yours.

The last few weeks, I’ve had all these thoughts (some related to writing, some not), and I need to discuss and share them with somebody. Sorry, friends. That’s you.  My dogs just don’t want to talk about it.
 
Here’s my first “I’VE GOT A BONE TO PICK” subject:
Who read the article on RTBookReviews: A Mild Ride, Why Sweet Romances—Inspirational and Otherwise—are a Hit?

As a sweet romance author, I was excited to see this article published.  I really believe there are readers out there who enjoy clean romances.  Am I wrong?

But even though the article was great, the title hit me wrong.  A Mild Ride?  A sweet romance doesn’t mean mild ride.  It makes me think of a kiddie carousel ride instead of one of the most thrilling roller coaster rides in the world like the Fahrenheit.

Does sweet romance mean “mild ride” to you?
 
Reviews about my books, which include comedy, suspense and mystery, have included such comments as “fast-paced”, “couldn’t put it down”, “a multi-layered mystery”, “a suspensefully crafted book”, “keeps you hooked with each new twist and turn”, “sexual and suspense tension throughout the book”, and “non-stop action”.

Does that sound like a “mild ride”? What do you think?  I’m desperately waiting to hear from you.

Cindy A. Christiansen
Sweet Romance, Comedy, Suspense…and Dogs!
Fly into a good book at: www.dragonflyromance.com
Comment here or email me privately.


6 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy,
    Nice to meet you. You make a good point. I'm an inspirational author and agree - sweet romances are some of the most incredibly intense novels around on so many levels! Good luck with your writing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm coming to realize that the market for sweet romance is bigger than I imagined, and I'm glad the genre occupies a large place in the writing world, especially since that is what I write:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, I agree the title hinted at slow moving stories, and in my opinion, that's not an accurate statement.

    I read a lot of different genres and sweet romances certain don't always fall into that catagory. Some have intense, fast moving story lines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, the title is misleading. Sweet romance is every bit the thrill ride, its just that when someone pukes on the ride, we don't get the graphic details. I think a more accurate description of sweet romance is that it tends to be "sensual" instead of "sexual."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy - Your stories are anything but mild rides. I've read many sweet and inspirational stories that have grabbed me from the first paragraph and kept hold of me until the end -- not the least bit "a mild ride." Keep doing what you do so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Mild Ride" is putting it mildly. Sweet and inspy stories rely on character depth to get the reader involved.

    The readers spend time getting to know the heroine and hero..and falling in love with them. Like dating, the romance builds, the chemistry heightens, then the relationship blooms into something beautiful. Just like God intended it to be.

    What is mild about that?

    I agree with J Coleman. You feel the chemistry building, but who needs graphic details?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting.