“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” ~ Groucho Marx
I’m doing a fundraiser today on Amazon for this organization. If you purchase Hazardous Hideaway TODAY (Wednesday, May 23rd), I will DONATE EVERYTHING I make to help them. You get a great read, and they get my money. J What could be better? Please join with me to do a little good in the world. Here’s the link on Amazon: Hazardous Hideaway ebook.
I don’t want anyone feeling depressed today, but I have included some animal abuse statistics below for you to consider. In order to cheer you up after you’ve read them, I’ve also included a wonderful, easy recipe for Peanut Butter Dog Treats! “Yummm,” says your dog.
Animal Cruelty Statistics*:
- Each year, 10,000 bull dogs die in bullfighting.
- 13% of animal abuse involves domestic violence.
- 70% of animal abusers also have records of other crimes.
- Approximately 5 million to 7 million companion animals enter animal shelters nationwide every year, and approximately 3 million to 4 million are euthanized (60 percent of dogs and 70 percent of cats).
- In the United States alone, 1.13 million animals are used in testing and research every year.
is the cheer up part!
Peanut Butter Dog Treats
2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup milk
* If you prefer, you may roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness and use a cookie cutter to cut out desired shapes.
Bake for 15-20 minutes on a greased baking sheet until lightly brown. Cool on a rack, then store in an airtight container, if your dog will allow you to save any.
Please join me on Amazon today, and please share this event with everyone you know. Thanks for all your support through the years!
Cindy A. Christiansen
Sweet Romance, Comedy, Suspense…and Dogs!
Fly into a good book today at: http://www.dragonflyromance.com