Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Groucho Asks Please



“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
 Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”  ~ Groucho Marx

            Today is the big day, and I’m so excited!  After several years of searching for an organization to partner with in helping abused and abandoned dogs, I’ve finally found Friends In Need Animal Sanctuary.
            I’m doing a fundraiser today on Amazon for this organization.  If you purchase Hazardous Hideaway TODAY (Wednesday, May 23rd), I will DONATE EVERYTHING I make to help them.  You get a great read, and they get my money.  J  What could be better?  Please join with me to do a little good in the world.  Here’s the link on Amazon:  Hazardous Hideaway ebook.
            I don’t want anyone feeling depressed today, but I have included some animal abuse statistics below for you to consider.  In order to cheer you up after you’ve read them, I’ve also included a wonderful, easy recipe for Peanut Butter Dog Treats!  “Yummm,” says your dog.
 Animal Cruelty Statistics*:

  • Each year, 10,000 bull dogs die in bullfighting.
  • 13% of animal abuse involves domestic violence.
  • 70% of animal abusers also have records of other crimes.
  • Approximately 5 million to 7 million companion animals enter animal shelters nationwide every year, and approximately 3 million to 4 million are euthanized (60 percent of dogs and 70 percent of cats). 
  • In the United States alone, 1.13 million animals are used in testing and research every year.
* Continue reading at NowPublic.com: Animal Cruelty: Facts, Prevention, Statistics and Action | NowPublic News Coverage http://www.nowpublic.com/environment/animal-cruelty-facts-prevention-statistics-and-action-2886267.html#ixzz1vQviPFZi

            Okay, here is the cheer up part!
Peanut Butter Dog Treats
2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup milk
Preheat oven to 375° F. In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In second bowl, mix peanut butter and milk till blended. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead. Roll dough into a log and cover in wax paper.* Place in the refrigerator to chill (about an hour.) Remove wax paper from cookie dough, slice into disks and place on cookie sheets.
* If you prefer, you may roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness and use a cookie cutter to cut out desired shapes.
Bake for 15-20 minutes on a greased baking sheet until lightly brown. Cool on a rack, then store in an airtight container, if your dog will allow you to save any.
             Please join me on Amazon today, and please share this event with everyone you know. Thanks for all your support through the years!

Cindy


Cindy A. Christiansen
Sweet Romance, Comedy, Suspense…and Dogs!
Fly into a good book today at:  http://www.dragonflyromance.com



9 comments:

  1. What a neat thing to do, Cindy. I hope you get lots of sales and contributions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful that you've teamed up with them, Cindy. I wish we could erase animal abuse from off the face of the earth!

    Here's hoping you receive many sales to help this cause! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Gail. I do too! I'd really like to make a difference. ")

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cindy,
    I just adopted two "dumped" dogs. Both black & large (2 strikes)...and both had been hurt (strike three). I had know idea that most animals euthanized were black.

    Love my new best friends: Dallas & Tex.

    ~Angi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Mae,
    I wish we could erase all abuse - animal, domestic and child abuse. When will we learn to stop hurting one another and be kind?
    A friend sent me an email that said a man was in jail for 13 counts of animal cruelty this morning. She said it was only a Class C misdemeanor in Utah - basically a slap on the wrist.
    Sounds like we need to speak up and do more to change the laws.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Angi. Isn't that sad about the black animals, especially black cats. Seriously? Do people really believe in the whole black cat thing?
    You have my respect and adoration for adopting. I wish more people would adopt and not buy from puppy mills. I also wish more people would get their pets spayed and neutered.
    Thanks for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always wish my fellow authors many sales, but especially today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so nice of you to say, Suz. I have my fingers crossed that I can help out these wonderful animals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice thought and gesture...good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting.