Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I’m Gonna Give You a Piece of My…


Gratitude.



Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful. ~ Buddha

            The above saying is so true. As a person with chronic pain and health issues, I have to look hard some days to find something with which to be grateful. But the point is, I always do.
            Yesterday I was grateful for a good review; an increased number of sales and likes on Facebook; a peaceful moment at Duck Pond with my kids; and my husband’s love and support while I cried about the rest of my bad day.
            My sales totals and likes may seem insignificant to those writers who have followings in the thousands and are on one of the bestseller lists, but that doesn’t matter in my world.  As Buddha conveyed, be grateful for what you DO have.  And I am so very appreciative.
            This last week, a reader took the time to email me this:

“REALLY ENJOYING YOUR BOOK!!!!! Love, love, love it!!  :)”

            Did I get hundreds of emails from readers?  No.  Could I be unhappy that I’m not hitting a bigger target audience?  I could.  But instead, I’m very honored that I connected with just one reader.  The joy of relating with someone else, to know my writing affected them in a positive way, is the most awesome feeling in the world.
            If you are willing to stop for a moment at the end of each day and think about what you’re grateful for, here’s what you’ll find:
  • It will remind you of what’s really important in your life.
  • It will remind you of the positive things in your life because you will stop and see the bigger picture.
  • It will turn bad things into good things because there are always worse things that could happen.
  • It will remind you to thank others and bring happiness into their lives.

            Are you a person who appreciates the little things?  Or are you so busy trying to reach your goals that you don’t stop and appreciate each moment of success and those around you?
            I just want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has reached out to me on my writing journey, not just those of you who have purchased my books.  But, to everyone who has taken the time to read my posts, comment on my blog, send me an email, and show concern about my family, my cause and my health.  I am very grateful. Thank you.
           
Cindy A. Christiansen
Sweet Romance, Comedy, Suspense…and Dogs!
Fly into a good book today at:  www.dragonflyromance.com



8 comments:

  1. Wonderful uplifting blog, Cindy. We all need to remember what we have and be only concern those. I am me, I'm not my next door neighbor, so yeah, I have a couple of dandelions, but I also have a massive amount of beautiful flowers that I'm proud of.
    Have a grand and glorious wet day :-).
    Where ever did you get that cute dog picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I really believe gratitude is a way we can help ourselves keep things in perspective. If we count our blessings for just a few minutes every day, that day will be easier to endure and bring us all the more joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post, Cindy! Remembering to be thankful for the small things can get us through some tough times. No matter what the circumstance, I believe we can all find something to be grateful for, even if it's just the chance to live another day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Doree, Danielle and EA. We all need a reminder, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your review and the sales!! I'm thankful and happy for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was an awesome review at CTR, and how thrilling to receive the rave from a fan! Yay!!!

    I agree. We must always be grateful for what we have. Doesn't matter if we don't have what Suzie Snob has, we can always find something worthy to give thanks for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Suzie Snob can get to you sometimes, but, truly, I'm very grateful.
    Thanks for being there, Miss Mae and Gail. The Sweetest Romance Writers is the best group I ever joined.

    ReplyDelete
  8. First, Cindy, congratulations on a great review!

    You are so right. It's the little things that are sometimes the biggest blessings. We all need to take more time to stop and smell the roses, or sniff the coffee. Ah-h.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting.