Wednesday, June 27, 2012

What a Reader Wants





            Well, I’ve been struggling with additional health issues as of late, (to the point of being bedridden for days) and I’ve realized I just can’t do it all.  I chose to cut back on my weekly blogs. But honestly, I’m not sure if that is the right choice.
            As you traverse the Internet highway looking for good books and authors to enjoy, what have you found to be the most effective way to find them?  What is the first site you go to when you want to find that perfect book?
            As I cut back on many of the activities in my life for the next while, I’d like to hear from you.  Please email me or comment on this blog about what and where you look to find an author or a certain book.  Let me know if there are types of things you enjoy receiving from an author (i.e. games, newsletters, excerpts, personal info).   I really want to know what a reader wants.

            Thanks for following all these years!

Cindy

Cindy A. Christiansen
Sweet Romance, Comedy, Suspense…and Dogs!



5 comments:

  1. Perfect question - as I am setting out on a last part of my life quest and have many questions around what to read and what to do, where to go, what purpose shall I consider. Reading for me more and more comes from others around me - from writers who I like what they have to say and friends who I feel have a similar taste. I am finding I no longer have the taste for genres I used to relish. Perhaps something about moving through cycles of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now I ask the writers in my group and girlfriends what they're reading. Sometimes I go to Harlequin and check out their clean lines and choose something from there.
    I check out the shelves in Christian bookstores, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindy, I'm sorry to hear you're struggling with ill-health and pray you will soon recapture your 'youthful' exuberance. I go to Amazon & goodreads and search for 'sweet' 'clean' or 'inspirational' and hope something jumps out and hits me between the eyes. I dont blog or follow any writers' blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truthfully, I'm so busy designing and formatting for clients that I don't have a spare minute to do my own writing, let alone read books from others.

    But I will say that I always know what I'm looking for (nothing trashy, just a clean romance with lots of mystery and suspense), so the cover is what really grabs me and it's then the blurb that convinces me.

    Where would I go to find these books? Not GoodREads, I don't like that site. Honestly, where would I go? My local library for a REAL book that I can hold in my lap and turn REAL pages. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually get book recommendations from my friends. The site I usually go to online to get books is www.christianbooks.com. I do however really appreciate when readers leave comments about your books. I guess what I would recommend for you is to have your readers evaluate your books and add the comments everywhere they are sold.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting.