Friday, September 28, 2012

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop


Who, me?

I've been tagged to answer ten, fun questions about my current work-in-progress (WIP).  In other words--my next big thing! Read on to learn my secrets. 

What is the working title of your book?
Time Will Tell

Where did the idea come from for the book?
My husband and I have always loved antique clocks and enjoy restoring them ourselves.  I decided the setting for this mystery should be an old clock shop.

What genre does your book fall under?
Contemporary Sweet Romantic Suspense

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Joe Manganiello as Zeke

 Charity Haskins as Holly

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Can perfectionist Holly Waterbury turn her hoarding uncle’s clock shop into a real business with the help of some homeless character, or are there secrets hidden inside the clocks that will put them in danger?

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
That hasn’t been determined yet.  My current publisher is Sweet Cravings Publishing.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Who said I was done. *smiles* I'm ecstatic to say this is the first book in a series.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Any one of my other books.  (lol)

Who or what inspired you to write this book?
A news headline piqued my interest and triggered the mystery part of the story.

What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?
There’s an adorable Scottish terrier named McTavish in this book.  *smiles*


Thanks for joining me and thanks to Christina Cole for tagging me.  Her blog is: http://christinacoletimeforlove.blogspot.com

Hop on over to the following author’s sites to find out about their current WIP:
Cindy A. Christiansen
Sweet Romance, Comedy, Suspense…and Dogs!
Fly into a good book at:  http://www.dragonflyromance.com


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting read, Cindy. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lena! A series is more complicated but lots of fun too!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting.