Thursday, October 4, 2012

Where In The World are the Secret Cravings Authors?




The Secret Cravings Authors Blog Hop
October 6- 7, 2012
Come join the fun!
__________________________

          If you can guess the state I live in, you could win one of my sweet romance titles.  Check out my website for more details about my books.

          Here are your three clues!
1.   The name of my state comes from the Native American Indian tribe and means people of the mountains.
2.   The state has a lake that covers 2,100 square miles, with an average depth of 13 feet.
3.   The state animal is the Rocky Mountain Elk.

          Figured it out?  
a Rafflecopter giveaway
or 
Send me an email with your answer and which one of my ebooks you would like in PDF form. Put WHERE IN THE WORLD in the subject line.
______________________________

          Secret Cravings Publishing will also be putting out their first anniversary recipe book, which will include author recipes and book titles.  The sale of the recipe book will go to benefit Operation Gratitude and be available for sale in January, 2013.

          To whet your appetite, I thought I’d share a few recipes from my books.  Enjoy!

FROM LOVE ON LAIRD AVENUE:

Grilled Salmon Tikka

4 salmon fillets
4 Tbsp. olive oil
For the marinade:
3 tsp. crushed garlic
2 tsp. crushed ginger
2 tsp. cumin powder
2 tsp. coriander powder
2 tsp. red chili powder
1 tsp. garam masala powder
1 tsp. turmeric powder
1 tsp. carom seeds
60ml fresh cream
juice of 1 lime
salt to taste

Preparation:
Mix marinade ingredients together.
Marinate the salmon fillets for 2-3 hours.
Sear salmon on a griddle pan with olive oil for a minute on each side.
Place griddle pan with salmon in a preheated oven at 200ÂșC for 4 minutes.
Serve hot with wedges of lime.
______________________________


FROM NOT QUITE ZEN:

 Steak Seasoning

1 Tbsp. paprika
1 Tbsp. kosher salt
1 Tbsp. cracked black pepper
1 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
1 1/2 tsp. granulated onion
1 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
1 1/2 tsp. dried lemon peel
1 tsp. ground red pepper
1 tsp. dried thyme

Preparation:
Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Store in a jar, preferably a spice jar with an internal lid with holes for shaking. Spice will keep in a cabinet for one year before the flavor begins to degrade.

______________________________

FROM BRAVING THE BLAZE:

Peanut Butter Dog Treats

2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 375° F. In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In second bowl, mix peanut butter and milk till blended. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead. Roll dough into a log and cover in wax paper.* Place in the refrigerator to chill (about an hour.) Remove wax paper from cookie dough, slice into disks and place on cookie sheets.
* If you prefer, you may roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness and use a cookie cutter to cut out desired shape(s).

Bake for 15-20 minutes on a greased baking sheet until lightly brown. Cool on a rack, then store in an airtight container, if your dog will allow you to save any.


Participate in all the other author’s blogs to win more prizes!



Cindy A. Christiansen
Sweet Romance, Comedy, Suspense…and Dogs!
Fly into a good book at:  http://www.dragonflyromance.com


* Sweet Cravings is a division of Secret Cravings Publishing.


9 comments:

  1. Cindy, I would be cheating if I entered your contest because I know the answer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries, Susan. It's still a random drawing and rafflecopter picks the winner. Please enter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having to google for all the answers and it gives me Utah. hope google hasn't let me down :-) heheh
    Your recipes look great.
    sherrygloag@ gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're in Utah! That lake is The Great Salt Lake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rafflecopter didn't ask where you are so here is my answer: Utah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn. I posted Tennessee. The Rocky Mountain part really threw me. Can I still say Utah, too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of laughs, Jessicca. Sure you can still say UTAH.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Utah:) I almost guessed Colorado, but then I remembered Great Salt Lake!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting.