Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Doggone Blog Hop


Welcome. We authors love our dogs and we've come together to support our favorite animal charity!  Thanks for joining us. FYI, June 21st is Take Your Dog to Work Day and National Dog Party Day.

I'll donate to the Friends In Need Animal Sanctuary in Eagle Mountain, Utah $1.00 for each person who leaves a comment on my blog. If you would like to know more about Friends In Need or would like to donate to them directly, here is there website:  http://friends-in-need.org/


As you know, I love dogs!  I feature them on my covers and donate to organizations that help abused and abandoned dogs.  My latest book features a wonderful Rottweiler named Festus.  Take a look:


Storyline: Katelynn swore she’d never return to the small mining town where she’d grown up. Only bad memories remain there of her estranged father, the gossipy townsfolk, and her teen sweetheart Walt Jefferies. But after receiving a letter from her father, she grudgingly returns only to find he died over a year ago. Now she must face Walt for all the answers. Can she find out the truth about the past without getting killed or falling in love all over again?

Please order from Sweet Cravings Publishing: http://bit.ly/WdkOU0


So here is my beautiful Callie.  She's a long-haired Jack Russell terrier.  I featured her on, and in, my nonfiction book, Words That Drive Us Wacko: A Cheat Sheet to Emotion Words, Sounds Words and Misused Words. It's available on Amazon for $2.99: http://amzn.to/15XzgFk

So our family loves to go camping.  We had gathered wood, made a campfire, and cooked hot dogs. I was in the trailer washing dishes and the kids feed the leftover hot dogs to our two dogs.  Callie stumbled and fell down in the trailer.  I couldn't figure out what was going on.  I was wiping the soapy water off my hands when she got up and stumbled out the trailer door, falling to the ground.  I screamed for my husband and he rushed over.  He ended up doing the Heimlich maneuver on Callie.  A piece of hot dog flew out of her mouth and rolled under the trailer.  Our other dog, Smokey, crawled under the trailer and ate it.  Ewwww.  Callie doesn't like hot dogs anymore.



So please vote for Callie for the Top Dog Award.  Just leave a comment with the words TOP DOG.  

Thanks for joining us.

Participating Authors:

Thanks to Jean Joachim for the Blog Hop and Top Dog images.

13 comments:

  1. Callie is adorable! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very worthy cause!

    --Trix

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Trix. So happy to help this fine and caring organization. Last year they were threatened with fire twice! Let's hope they have a better year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for supporting Friends in Need! They are a wonderful organization!

    ReplyDelete
  5. True! You can't find more caring people than Kim and Karen. I've enjoyed working with them to help all their wonderful animals. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our pets are really our true friends in life, they will stay with you through no matter what. I told my son, tonight that Gorman, is queen of the house. Do not know what I do with out her. Thanks, for supporting the animals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Teresa. I sure love my dogs. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. TOP DOG for Callie!

    Poor thing being choked - how scary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Miss Mae. We laugh now but it was very scary.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting.