Monday, October 7, 2013

Second Annual LDS Author's Blog Hop



Yes, I am an LDS Sweet Romance Author, but no, I don't write Inspirational Romance.  Here's what you get when you read one of my books:
  • A clean read with no bedroom scenes or offensive language.
  • A tantalizing, fast-paced plot.
  • A story without a lot of boring description.
  • Down-to-earth heroes and heroines with everyday jobs.
  • A rollercoaster ride of emotions you face right along with the characters.
  • A special dog to steal your heart.
  • A few added facts, a good message, and that important happily-ever-after ending.

I believe writing about a character's relationship with God is as private as I do bedroom scenes. I choose to let the morals of my characters speak for them.

My list of published books and novellas is growing, and I hope you will check them out on my website at: http://www.dragonflyromance.com:

Caskets and Corruption (Humorous Romantic Suspense Novel)
Love on Laird Ave (Romantic Comedy/Mystery Novel)
Braving the Blaze (Humorous Romantic Suspense Novel)
Hazardous Hideaway (Romantic Suspense Novel)
Not Quite Zen (Romantic Comedy/Mystery Novel)
Legacy of Lies (Romantic Suspense Novel)
A Merchant Street Mystery: Time Will Tell (Romantic Comedy/Mystery)
Stolen Horses, Stolen Hearts (A Sweet Romance Western Novella)
Seeds of Survival (A Sweet Romance Western Novella)
A Merchant Street Mystery: Worth the Wait (A Sweet Romantic Mystery Novella)
A Clean Romance (A Sweet Romance Novelette)
Words That Drive Us Wacko (Nonfiction Word Book for Writers)


The book I'm featuring today is Time Will Tell!  It's the first book of a three book series -- A Merchant Street Mystery. Here's more about it:


Being paranoid, Holly Waterbury just can’t handle all the suspicious behavior centered on Merchant Street in Salt Lake City. Being volunteered to help her hoarding Uncle Kipp recover after a fall and finding out he has a dog is not helping to calm her excitable nature either. But it’s really the good-looking, take-charge homeless man her uncle hired to help clean up his clock shop that has Holly baffled. Just why are his teeth so white? Throw in a not-so-valuable clock everyone is willing to kill for and Holly’s imagination runs wild. Only time will tell just how long it takes before Holly will figure out the mysteries of Merchant Street, including the sexy homeless man.

Available in ebook at:

If you missed it, I kicked off the series with a FREE prequel that involves the beginning love story of Adele and Kipp (the heroine's uncle and the hero's aunt from Time Will Tell).  Worth the Wait takes place fifteen years before the series begins and their love story continues throughout the series.
You can read it for free on Smashwords, Barnes and Noble, Amazon or Wattpad.


So, are you interested in winning a copy of Time Will Tell?  Here's all you have to do:

1. Answer this question: If you had extra time, say two more hours in a day, what would you spend that time on? (For example: family, friends, exercising, reading, relaxing.)

2. Leave your answer in the comment section along with your email so I can notify you if you win.

That's it!  Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of the hop.


Powered by Linky Tools

47 comments:

  1. holy moly 2 extra hours??!!! I would read and scrabook more!! i already take the time in the morning to exercise... :-)
    Rachel DeVaughn
    rchicaharris@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. would either write or exercise. I tend to neglect exercise when I write, but if I'm exercising there is less time for writing. It's a sad little catch 22 :)
    reb.bec.lam@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could for you for working in that exercise time, Rachel! I need to work on my kids' scrapbooks. It's been a couple of years. I've forgotten so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rebecca, I find when I exercise I have more time. Weird. Do I do it? Not always. Especially struggling right now with writing on deadline.

    Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wouldn't that be wonderful?!

    I would spend half the week's extra hours reading and writing. The other half I would spend doing more fun stuff with my husband and son!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops. Forgot my email :)

    britneygulbrandsen@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Britney,
    Sounds like you have a great plan! Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to think I would spend more time exercising and cleaning my house, but I would probably read some more.

    lisaiasbookworm at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. NO, LISA, NOT CLEANING! (lol) Stick with reading.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how your books always have a special dog added to the story. How fun!

    With two extra hours, I'd probably spend more time creating fun and helpful lesson plans for the deaf/hard of hearing children that I teach at work.

    secretpearls (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would either read or write!

    THanks!!

    widsfam7 @ digis dot net

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I really wish that I had it in me to be more productive if I had two extra hours, but my gut is telling me that I'd just spend that extra time reading, sleeping, or watching TV.

    Or I'd work the extra two hours at my job and get extra money in the next paycheck ;)

    Thanks! juh.herd@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Relaxing!

    cfsresearcher.cg (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would want to spend that time watching my anime and reading my precious books!

    clickfivegrl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Reading

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's awesome, Kristi!
    I did a book signing at a deaf center. My very good friend's husband is both deaf and blind. It's amazing to watch her communicate with him.
    You are a very special person. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. CleverWannabe,
    Love that precious dog you are holding in your photo!
    I honestly believe we all need more down time. Nothing wrong with that.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks to everyone who has commented so far. Looks like reading is taking the lead.
    Interestingly enough, my hubby and two autistic kids do not read for enjoyment. If I really want to give my kids a consequence, it's telling them they have to read. (lol)
    It makes me sad that it is such a struggle for them. We've been through special programs too. Oddly enough, both kids read faster when the book is upside down. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I enjoy doing family history work.
    lilacdb@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I enjoy doing family history work.
    lilacdb@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anna, That is something I would like to do too. Never seems like I have time. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's at toss up--I'd either catch up on my sleep or read.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Painting. Well, that's what I should spend it on. In truth, I would probably read.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I forgot to leave my email. :)

    reviewkidsbooks(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sleep enough? Probably read or craft though!

    ilovemeinekinder@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. If I had 2 more hours in my day, I would spend the time on reading or quilting. Your books sound wonderful. Thanks for the great giveaway!
    bhometchko(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I would read more and Interview more.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I already read 1 to 2 books aday. But if I had energy and good health I would clean house.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I forgot to leave Rhonda rlrlaney at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Two whole hours? Don't tease me so. ;) I would definitely exercise, since I rarely have time to squeeze that in, take a nap, read, learn to sew, so many things. Thanks for the giveaway!

    m.r.buttarsbooks at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Rhonda1111, Not another clean house? (lol)
    You guys are making us look bad.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have rediscovered my love of reading and I am a voracious reader. I would likely read even more and might feel a little guilty that I wasn't adding in those other things that would be good for me, too. What can I say, reading helps to feed my soul right now.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Read and catch up on scrapbooking.

    terryandkori@earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  36. Reading, of course. Only because I never have enough time during the day to accomplish as much reading as I would like!
    my address is tlclawson@yahoo.com.
    Thank you.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  37. I'd spend more time walking my pup and reading some enjoyable books.

    Katieamanda1(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Probably reading! Thanks for the giveaway!
    mestith at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I would spend it reading and playing on my computer.

    lkish77123 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  40. sleep! not enough hours in the day anymore and i'm beat - regnod(at)yahoo(d0t)com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Either reading or entering contests to win books!
    makeighleekyleigh at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I would take the extra time to exercise more.
    i_love_books (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Read and relax!

    kissyjensen at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  44. 2 free hours everyday would definitely be spent reading!! Thanks so much! kknorby at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Glad to see there are so many readers out there. Hope you will take a chance on my books. Thanks for commenting.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  46. even two hours would do alot for me. thats two more hours to split between my kids and husband

    ReplyDelete
  47. oops forgot email...achadwick22 at yahoo dot com i would split the two hours between my family and kids

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting.