Sunday, February 23, 2014

Have You Had a Near Miss?


Recently a friend sent me the link to this Youtube clip of near misses.  It is really amazing!  You should watch it.  It reminded me of a near miss I experienced. 

I had been shopping and was headed home.  I signaled to make a left hand turn.  Several cars ran the yellow light, and even another the red.  There was a car still coming, but my brain said, “Surely, they won’t run a solid red light.”

I was out in the intersection so I started to turn.

Wrong decision! The driver ran the light.

My heart shrunk and dropped into my stomach.  The next few seconds were surreal.  To this day, I can’t tell you exactly what happened.  I know his car hit my truck.  I know I pulled off the road and stayed in my seat, blinking and trying to figure out what had just happened. The man finally came up, and I got out to look at the damage with him.

All I could find was a dent in my right rear bumper.  My mouth drooped open. It just didn’t make sense.  The car was coming at me.  The front bumper of the man’s car was totally mangled.  For the life of me, I couldn’t figure out how my truck’s right backend got hit when he was on my left, and certainly not behind me. I kept rubbing my arms and looking between the damage to his car and then my truck. All I could think about was that few seconds that didn’t feel real.

The man had no insurance and didn’t want to report the accident.  Because there was very little damage to my truck and I felt fine, we agreed not to call the police but to just trade information.

To this date, I’m not quite sure what happened.  Was I saved by angels?  In the video it sure seems like some of these people were.  Have fun watching.







Have you had a near miss?  Share it with us.


Cindy A. Christiansen
Sweet Romance, Humor, Suspense…and Dogs!
Fly into a good book at:  http://www.dragonflyromance.com

Dog image credit: damedeeso / 123RF Stock Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting.