Monday, February 9, 2015

Top 10 Fiction Reader’s Cravings


Recently, I met a new reader at a book signing.  I could tell she didn’t expect much from my writing, but she was pleased that I donated to help abused and abandoned dogs.  Within two days, she contacted me.  She had completely read Time Will Tell, the first book in my Merchant Street Mystery series, and she wanted the next book right away.

I couldn’t believe how excited she sounded.  “Your books have everything I love!  I can’t wait to read another. Where can we meet?”

So far, she has purchased five print books and intends to buy all of them. I’m thrilled!

It is so wonderful to find readers who connect with what you write.  That’s why I think it is important to let readers know what you are giving them.  Not all readers want the same things from a book.  Here’s a top 10 list of what reader’s crave from fiction books:
  1. Escape
  2. Connectability with Characters
  3. Happy Endings
  4. Surprise
  5. Humor
  6. Suspense
  7. Different Points of View
  8. Intellectual Challenge
  9. Knowledge
  10. Predictability

 What would you add to this list?  Post your thoughts in the comments section below.

In case you don’t know, here’s the list I came up with for my books.



Cindy A. Christiansen
Sweet Romance, Humor, Suspense...and Dogs! 
Fly into a good book at: http://www.dragonflyromance.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting.