Monday, April 13, 2015

Top Ten Stupidest Things Doctors Ever Said to Me


Yes, doctors are human beings and none of us are perfect.  But, I’ve had more than my share of doctors who have been less than tactful.  These ten statements in no way are a complete list but came off the top of my head.  In Letterman fashion, let’s take a look:

  1. Don’t worry, be happy! (When asked why I was so terribly sick.)
  2. If you hurt there, it should hurt here.  It doesn’t make sense.
  3. You’re too obese to get pregnant. (I was size 18.)
  4. It’s all in your head.
  5. It was just a little blood. (IV disconnected and I had bled out on the floor below transfusion levels.)
  6. You need your gallbladder removed. (It had already been removed and noted in chart.)
  7. You should leave your family for the sake of your health.
  8. While you are sleeping, don’t bend your elbows, knees, ankles or wrists. Your nerves are too thin in those areas.
  9. That doesn’t hurt.
  10. Said by a weight loss doctor’s nurse: The doctor is overweight because he works very hard and is busy.

What unbelievable comments have you received from a doctor?


Cindy A. Christiansen
Sweet Romance, Humor, Suspense...and Dogs! 
Fly into a good book at: http://www.dragonflyromance.com 

Dog Photo: http://www.123rf.com/profile_damedeeso

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting.