Thursday, December 17, 2015

Caskets and Corruption

4.5/5 Stars on Amazon
Sharing an excerpt from Caskets and Corruption:

Phillip flinched away from Lizzie’s electrifying touch. “The cemetery, Miss Cantrell.”
He tried to pull back inside the safety of the thick steel gate he’d built around his heart over the last two years, but Lizzie didn’t help matters. He thought he’d locked that gate and thrown away the key. Lizzie obviously could cut through steel with just her touch. He automatically tugged at his turtleneck, trying to remember the reason for his reclusiveness.
He’d closed himself off since that horrifying summer day, and he had no intention of letting down his guard now. But somehow, she drew him like an alcoholic to a bottle of whiskey. He needed some distance from her to clear his mind. Why did she have to be involved?
“Excuse me? Did you say cemetery?” Disbelief rounded her eyes.
“Yes, cemetery, Miss Cantrell. Tonight.”
“You expect me to go with you to a haunted graveyard at night, in a creepy hearse with a dead body full of illegal drugs? I’ll be seeing you, Mr. Van Dyke.” Lizzie raced for the door. “Good luck with your whole little mystery here. I’m not ready for this much excitement in my life.”
He managed to jump in her path and slam the door closed, her scent tangling his emotions all over again. “What do you intend to do?”
“Get on with my life. By the way, I don’t want your referrals to my portrait business. Hire my sister back.” She tried for the knob again.
He kept the door firmly shut, not relishing standing so close to her. He just had to stay behind those iron bars he’d created. He flexed his fingers and tried to regain his composure. “We have been over this, Miss Cantrell. It’s not safe.”
“I’ll take my chances. I’m not going to any haunted graveyard. Are you going to keep me a prisoner here? I swear I know what to do with these stiletto heels.”
He glared down at her shoes and took a step back. “Fine, but I’ve heard rumors about what the drug cartel will do to anyone who crosses them.”

Purchase Ebooks from these fine distributors:
      






Purchase print books from:


Cindy A. Christiansen
Sweet romance, humor, suspense...and dogs!
Fly into a good book at: http://www.dragonflyromance.com





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting.