Spring is God's way of saying, 'One more time!' ~Robert Orben
There is something magical about spring. The earth warms and brightens, seeds sprout and grow into a gorgeous colorful array of flowers, grass turns a vibrant green, and trees bud new leaves. I think more than any time of the year, spring gives me hope—a rebirth to accomplish new and wondrous things—to start anew.
Many celebrate each new year as a time to set goals and move forward. But there is something incredible about the rebirth of the earth that fills me with hope and optimism that life brings new choices and opportunities never before considered. Reach out and touch those dreams. Wipe clean your slates and refresh your hearts. It’s a new day!
A few of the things you might enjoy on a beautiful spring day:
- Plant a tree, bulbs or flowers in the yard
- Have a picnic at the local park
- Take a walk through the neighborhood to spot the spring flowers and blossoms
- Go for a bike ride
- Visit a farm to see the animals
- Fly a kite
- Start a garden (even an herb pot)
- Go horse-back riding
- Feed the ducks at a pond
- Go for a walk by a river with your dog
- Visit a farmer's market
- Open your windows to some fresh air
- Visit the zoo
- Hang a bird feeder and enjoy the sounds
- Visit an outdoor pool
- Play a game of Frisbee or ball with kids or dogs
- Dust off the patio furniture and fly into a good book
Whatever you choose to do, enjoy family, friends and your four-legged buddies.
Cindy A. Christiansen
Sweet Romance, Humor, Suspense...and Dogs!
Fly into a good book at: http://www.dragonflyromance.com
Dog image from: http://www.123rt.com